The chemistry library's book and journal collections are housed in the National Library of Technology building:
- On the shelves, for browsing and serendipitous discovery
- In the Periodicals Reading Room
- In underground storage
You can find specific locations (floor, shelf, Library of Congress classification numbers) in our catalog.
On the shelves (floors 3-6)
- Essential scientific and study literature in chemistry
- Bound chemistry journals
Location maps on pillars
Subject location maps are available on the pillars on every floor; do not hesitate to ask library staff for assistance. Most chemistry books are on Floor 5; chemical engineering/technology on Floor 3.
Red dots = non-circulating items
Items with red dots on their spines can only be used in the library. Everything else can be checked out (see NTK Conditions of Use). Use the self-check machines on Floors 1-3 or go to the main service desk on Floor 2 for assistance.
In the Periodicals Reading Room (floor 3)
- Current issues of chemistry journals (most recent two years)
- Database of ČSN standards
In underground storage
- Other research books and handbooks
- Bound chemistry journals (older volumes)
Use the catalog to order items from underground storage.
Some of the materials retrieved from underground storage can only be used in the library; specifically, in the:
- Periodicals Reading Room (floor 3): Dissertations, textbooks, archival prints, handbooks
- Rare Books and Special Collections Reading Room (floor 3): Historical collections
Patrons from UCT Prague and/or IOCB have the right to borrow any item from the UCT, IOCB, or NTK collections, provided it can be used outside the library.