Getting Started at ChemTK
AddressNational Library of Technology
160 80 Praha 6 - Dejvice
The Czech National Library of Technology (NTK) is between Thákurova, Studentská, Technická Streets and Flemingá Square.
How to get there
- Metro A to Dejvická: Get off at the Dejvická station and use the Šolínova/Vysoké školy exit.
- Tram Stops: Lotyšská and Dejvická
- Bus Stop: Dejvická
- Drivers can park underground or use available street parking.
- Bike stands are available outside the library.
You can map your route using the Prague Public Transport website.
Having problems finding your way through the library, orienting yourself, or using our resources? We're here to help: Request a Date with NTK.
In just 20 minutes, we'll give you a tour of our the building and our collections. We’ll answer all your questions and give you useful tricks and tips.
Arrange your date by email or in person at any service desk.
- You must register to check out books, use computers, access eResources, connect to Wi-Fi, use print-copy-scan services or rent study rooms. Your residence status in the Czech Republic determines what patron privileges you have. Check your privileges with the Access & Privileges Tool.
- You don't need to register to use materials inside the building and if you don’t need to rent a room, use Wi-Fi or access eResources. If you don’t register, use your Czech Technical University (CTU) card or print a free day pass (get it from the ticket machine next to main library entrance).
Find books or journals
Use the catalog to search for books and journals.
The catalog will list where something is (what floor and what shelf it's on), if someone else has checked it out, or if it's in underground storage.
- You can request an individual research appointment with our subject experts.
Some users can check out eReaders (PocketBooks or Kindles), board games, frisbees, flash drives, umbrellas, headphones, and universal chargers. To see what you can check out, use the Access & Privileges Tool or ask at a service desk.
Vending machines are on floors 3 to 6, and there’s also a café on the ground floor. You can eat and drink in most public areas.
If you lose something during your visit, ask if it's been found at the security desk (entrance NTK3).