Getting Started at chemTK
Good to know
The integrated chemistry library chemTK is located in the National Library of Technology building; all three (UCT Prague, IOCB, and NTK) collections are integrated. Anyone can enter the library, but most services require registration.
How to get here
The Czech National Library of Technology (NTK) is situated at Technická 6, Praha 6 between Thákurova, Studentská, Technická Streets and Fleming Square.
- Metro A to Dejvická: Get off at the Dejvická station and use the Šolínova/Vysoké školy exit.
- Tram Stops: Lotyšská and Dejvická
- Bus Stop: Dejvická
- Drivers can park underground or use available street parking, bike stands are available outside the library.
You can map your route using the Prague Public Transport website.
Having problems finding your way through the library, orienting yourself, or using resources? We're here to help.
In just 20 minutes, we'll give you a tour of our the building and its collections, answer all your questions, and give you useful tricks and tips.
Request a Date with NTK in email or in person at any service desk.
- You must register to check out books, use computers, access eResources, use print/copy/scan services, or rent study rooms. Check your privileges with the Access & Privileges Tool.
- You don't need to register to use materials inside the building. If you don’t register, use your UCT Prague or IOCB card for entry or print a free day pass from the ticket machine next to main library entrance.
Find books or journals
Use the catalog to search for books and journals.
The catalog will list where an item is (what floor and shelf), if it is checked out, or if it is in underground storage.
- You can request an individual research appointment with our subject experts.
Some users can check out eReaders (PocketBooks or Kindles), board games, frisbees, flash drives, umbrellas, headphones, and universal chargers. To see what you can check out, use the Access & Privileges Tool or ask at a service desk.
Vending machines are on floors 3 to 6 and a café is on the ground floor.
If you lose something during your visit, ask if it's been found at the security desk (entrance NTK3).